- Astable multi-vibrator is a simple two state (S1,S2) small electronics device.
- Its contains two amplifying transistor and cross coupled by resistors or capacitors.
- During the world was 1, invented the first multivibrator circuit, that is astable multivibrator oscillator, by Henri Abraham (Below Image) and Eugene Bloch during World War I.
- Why called multivibrator
- its output waveform was rich in harmonics, So its called multi vibrator.
- Its used in timers, relaxation oscillator and flip-flops.
- Square wave generator
- Timed interval application
Type of Multi-Vibrators
- Astable multi-vibrator – .
- Mono stable multi-vibrator.
- bi stable multi-vibrator.
This following two states are simultaneously changing every-time C1, C2 charge and discharge.
- State 1 : Q1 is switched ON, Q2 is switched OFF.
- State 2 : Q1 is switched OFF, Q2 is switched ON.