- HT20 Channel bandwidth mode is 20MHz
- HT40 Channel bandwidth mode is 40Mhz
- HT40 is combine of Two 20Mhz channel.
- One Channel function is main channel, another one is auxiliary channel.
- The main channel send the beacon packets and data packets, another auxiliary channel sends the other packets
- Sometimes non-overlapping will happen if your using HT40 channel used as 2.4Ghz. So advised to not use HT40 channel in 2.4Ghz.
Differences Between HT20 and HT40
- HT20 Channel bandwidth mode is 20Mhz and HT20 is working 40Mhz.
- Reference : http://support.huawei.com/enterprise/en/knowledge/EKB1000079063
Acrylic WiFi Tool
- How to view all other WiFi Status like Signal Strength, Security and so on?