What is Therimine
An electronic musical instrument in which the tone is generated by two high-frequency oscillators and the pitch controlled by the movement of the performer’s hand towards and away from the circuit. Electronic musical instrument controlled without physical contact by the thereminist (performer). It is named after the Westernized name of its Soviet inventor, Léon Theremin, who patented the device in 1928.
- Buzzer – 1 Nos
- LDR – 1 Nos
- Arduino Uno Board (You Can use any other arduino boards*) – 1 Nos
- Resistor 10 KΩ, 1/4W, ±5% (Brown, Black, Red, Gold) – 1 Nos
- Will add soon
* ArunEworld Arduino - Pseudo Thermin */
int speakerPin = 12;
int photocellPin = 0;
int reading = analogRead(photocellPin);
int pitch = 200 + reading / 4;
- Variable declaration & initialization
- speakerPin declared as int (integer) type and initialized 12th Digital pin of arduino Uno board.
- photocellPin declared as int (integer) type and initialized 0th Analog pin of arduino Uno board.
- Continuous while loop (Setup Function)
- reading declared as int (integer) type and read the analog value from photocellPin integer variable of 0th pin in Arduino Uno Board using analogRead() function.
- pitch declared as int (integer) type and dived the value 4 of analog read value with add 200 decimal value. Because make a beautiful tone sound for this calculation added.
- Call the function Tone() with arguments speakerPin and pitch values, this call function make a beautiful sound depends upon the LDR value with your hand movements.