For beginner to recommend use the NodeMCU Flasher.
- What is NodeMCU Flasher tool?
- How Download the NodeMCU Flasher tool?
- Using this link : NodeMCU-Flasher
- Which platform PC’s devices supports NodeMCU Flasher tool?
- Can i update firmware using NodeMCU Flasher tool into any kind of ESP8266 Module
- Yes you can do.
- Why firmware not update in ESP8266?
- Make sure you enabled GPIO-0 Should be Low
- Which firmware is best to upload to ESP8266 (Float/integer)?
- Always commanded to flash the float type firmware because for float type calculation and also precision process works well with float firmware
NodeMCU Flasher Programmer
- NodeMCU Flasher tool is flashing the NodeMCU Firmware to ESP8266 Easily.
- This tool is developed by NodeMCU.
Flash Custom NodeMCU Firmware into ESP8266 using NodeMCU Flasher Tool
- Build your custom firmware and upload using below steps
- ESP8266 (Any module)
- USB to UART Programmer or Ardunio Uno Board
- NodeMCU Flasher Progarmmer
- Some wire(May require)
- NodeMCU Firmware (.bin file)
ESP-07 with FDTI Programmer
ESP-01 Module with CP2102 FTDI Programmer
ESP-01 Module with Arduino Uno board as Programmer
ESP-07 Module with FDTI Programmer
ESP-12 Module with FDTI Programmer
NodeMCU Dev Kit
- Step 1 : Go-to NodeMCU Flasher Programmer tool folder and open ESP8266Flasher.exe
- Step 2 : Click the Gear Icon Upload the NodeMCU Custom firmware into NodeMCU Flasher Tool in config tab (Note : Don’t set any offset memory address in config tab, Leave default value 0x00000)
NodeMCU Custom Firmware
Uploaded file in path with green background, Set offset as 0x00000
- Step 3 : Make sure correct COM pot of ESP8266 USB port detected.
For My case COM is 7 When i was use one ESP8266 Module, It May be Change when using Different ESP8266and Different USB PORTs
- Step 4 : Click flash button to flash the firmware into ESP8266
- Step 5 : Wait a moment when finish the firmware flash (Green Tick will can see, if the process success)
Green Right tick Symbol
NodeMCU Flasher Programmer Note :
- Tips: You could use some special path to do something interesting.
- The blank.bin file: INTERNAL://BLANK
- The esp_init_data_default.bin file(for 26MHz crystal): INTERNAL://DEFAULT
NodeMCU Flasher Programmer Troubleshoot Guide
- When the path have some error(e.g. file not exist), the line will become red. (Green shows when correct path file present )
- What is the meaning of Red symbol when flashe fineshed
This red mark only present when the flash not finished. Check the correct COM port and make sure GPIO-0 Should be Low mode